Medical Doctor Loan
Michigan Rural Development
Zero Down Loans
The Mortgage 1 Rural Housing program is dedicated to the preservation of rural communities. We partner with Rural Development, a division of the US Department of Agriculture, to help home buyers throughout the state realize the American dream of home ownership. This program, administered through the US Department of Agriculture, features 102% financing for qualified moderate-income families looking to purchase single-family homes. For borrowers with little or no cash, it’s ideal since no down payment and no funds are needed for closing.
- $0 down payment.
- Seller can pay up to 6% of the sale price towards your closing costs.
- Low monthly mortgage insurance (PMI).
- No loan limits.
- Geographic restrictions vary by County (click here for Rural Development Eligibility Maps for Michigan).
- Income limits vary by County (see below).
- Gifts from immediate family members to cover closing costs is acceptable.
- Credit score minimum of 640.
- No previous mortgage loan late payment in the past 24 months.
- No foreclosure/short sales within the past 36 months. Must have rebuilt credit.
- No bankruptcies in the past 36 months. Must have rebuilt credit.
- Must have 3 trade lines of credit. Can be a combination of traditional (reporting to credit bureaus) and non-traditional (ie, rent, utilities, etc).
- All court ordered judgments MUST be satisfied or have a satisfactory payment history for a minimum of 3 months.
Have Little to put down?
RD Is The Loan For YOU
Guaranteed Rural Development loans are offered by mortgage brokers and lenders and insured by the USDA. If you are looking for a zero down mortgage in Michigan, the RD loan is a great option for first time home buyers and previous homeowners. RD does charge an upfront amount of mortgage insurance as well as monthly, however it is one of the lowest in the industry with zero down payment.
Do you qualify?
Below are the Rural Development income limits for some of the Michigan counties that we are located. For other Michigan Counties, please use the Rural Development income eligibility calculator.
|County Name||1-4 Person Family||5-8 Person Family|
Get In Touch
Looking for loan advice? We’d be thrilled to talk about our rural development mortgage solutions with you. Call us at 810-227-5600.
Other Loan Options
One size doesn’t fit all. We are confident that one of our loan options will be perfect for you.
Get that home loan and the home improvements all wrapped up in one loan.
A standard home loan not needing to be backed up by any other agency.
Loans backed up by the Federal Housing Administration that require insurance on the loan.
Is a form of a FHA Loan for qualified buyers with a qualified credit score.
The VA loan is a mortgage option available to Veterans, Service Members and select military spouses for $0 down.
Physician Mortgage Loan
A Unique loan specially crafted for physicians.
Why Choose Mortgage 1
Since 1994, Mortgage 1 has been helping families throughout Michigan. We offer conventional, FHA, Rural Development, MSHDA and VA home loans for both purchase and refinance. We also offer other loan options if you do not fit the guidelines of these typical mortgage loans, such as Doctor Loans and rehabilitation loans. We will walk you through each step from getting pre-approved, shopping for homes and making an offer.
We believe in treating every client and business partner with the service and respect they deserve. With this principle in mind, it ensures satisfied clients and business partners which result in referrals into the future. I would be honored to assist you and your family with your home loan. Whether you are purchasing your first home or refinancing your current home, allow me to assist you every step of the way so that you have an exceptional experience.
Mortgage 1 Brighton
Mortgage One Brighton guides clients to the best loan options available from trusted, responsive and confident advisors. We help you achieve the joy of home ownership while we gain life long friends.